SiliconVerse

Technology, Business & Life in Digital Village

My Photo
Name:

Software Engineer by education, Entrepreneur by heart

Blog Feed

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe by email


Powered by FeedBlitz

NICEAlumniGroup
Click here to join nmcgroup
Click to join nmcgroup



Work on this blog is licensed under a Creative Commons License


Wednesday, April 06, 2005, 3:04 PM

Plaxo is safe & great

I stopped using Plaxo for a while after I heard from some of my friends that it keep my personal information in the personal domain & probably that may result in lot of SPAM to me and to other on my contact address book.

But then I got interfaced to Stacy ( Plaxo's Privacy officer) via by friend Mark who is working with Plaxo. I have raised the same privacy & spam issue to her and Stacy reverted with following 6 point privacy practices they follow:

- Your Information is your own and you decide who will have access to it.

- You maintain ownership rights to Your Information, even if there is a business transition or policy change.

- You may add, delete, or modify Your Information at any time.

- Plaxo will not update or modify Your Information without your permission.

- Plaxo will not sell, exchange, or otherwise share Your Information with third parties, unless required by law or in accordance with your instructions.

- Plaxo does not send spam, maintain spam mailing lists, or support the activities of spammers.

Makes sense...isnt. I am back with plaxo now and I am also trying their wap version.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, your post got a mention here
http://www.waypath.com/topic/privacy.html

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home